Thursday, November 10, 2011

Golden Autumn like sweet apples . . .





Golden autumn like apples sweet and crisp. The first rains make the colors mellow and now we can smell the earth and the regenerative process of leaves falling and becoming wet, and dirt being made from all things that fall and lay supine beneath the skies. I want this for myself and for you too but forgive me, it will come true anyway.

When the clock ticked back last weekend and we all gained an hour in the morning I knew, as I always do, that this portends the onset of winter but to fear that long, dark layover is to miss the point. How much sweeter is Autumn knowing that Winter is biding her time in the wings? I need deadlines! I need the juxtapositioning of time-out vs. time-in to be able to revel in the moment.

And I do revel, I do! When I drive about town i keep the windows down so i can taste the air; i want to be absorbed by the golden light that comes as the earth turns coyly from the sun.

1 comment: